Kinds of hosting services
A hosting solution is associated with hoarding and/or sharing specific content on a web hosting server managed by a hosting distributor. There are different kinds of hosting services utilized for different purposes, so let's take a glance at them. In that way, you can conclude what you want, on the basis of whether you wish to have a web page, email aliases, or to share files with pals and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by some vendors, which allows you to share huge files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single aim is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a record of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free file storage plans often involve adverts next to the download links, while a timer makes you await a specific spell of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file hosting account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting wholesalers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is a completely distorted explanation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would assign the workload between separate sets of servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving various website hosting services (electronic mail, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is merely a sort of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; certain providers offer a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting kind is suitable if you desire to share a large amount of images with buddies or acquaintances since the service is mostly free of charge. You will obtain a random link for each and every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for websites.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to administering your e-mail addresses. Some suppliers provide hosting solutions for web sites, but do not provide an email service. If you would like to run a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to possess a website, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you want. You can create email box accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a given video clip, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this method in lieu of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video clip creates a specific amount of CPU load, so with a couple of video files and several hundred web site viewers, you may have a hard time with your website hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will permit you to administer as many video clips as you want to without worrying about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you need if you want to have a web site. To some degree, it contains all of the aforesaid hosting variants since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and e-mail aliases, upload videos, etc. At Amazonserver.net, for example, you can see web hosting and dedicated server hosting packages that permit you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in a single location. There may be restrictions depending on the form of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your webspace hosting package may be better or worse compared with the conventional email/file/video/image hosting plans that are intended for specific web content solely.